:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to InterCity:SAGA

A Post-Apocalyptic Sci-fi/Fantasy RPG

::INTERCITY:SAGA:: - The Discord - Update: 9-11-2022

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rogue_

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GMortimer
GM
GM
GMortimer

Census Status : 430

Citizen Records
Level: 100
Faction:: $?
Achievemeter::
The Rogue_ Left_bar_bleue0/0The Rogue_ Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Rogue_ Empty
PostSubject: The Rogue_   The Rogue_ I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 7:04 pm

The Rogue

They're still talking about him on the news. They're talking about how he can change the city and the world, but in the crowd, there stands another man who is also planning on changing the world - just not for the better.

He managed to get through security by simply avoiding the front gates. The first time anyone saw him was when he stepped out of the bathroom stall. He is dressed like any other everyday citizen of Intercity, but something in his eyes would tell you here is not here to listen to the ramblings of some up and coming politician. He doesn't believe that words can change the world - actions do. And he is about to make the biggest statement the city has seen in a hundred years. He grew up in poverty, the unwashed masses, his father abandoned his family before he was born and his mother was forced to work herself to death. Like many other youths, this man found that cheating the system and ignoring the laws was the easiest way to make a living. Over the years: countless gang wars, an unknown number of fights and a knack for dealing with problems led him into his current profession. Some would call him an assassin - he doesn't see it that way. While others may do it for money - others do it for purpose.

The man has walked among the crowds, listening to the citizens talk about how this new President is going to change the city and finally turn things around. They said that about the last one and the one before that and so on since he was a child - things are never going to change. This would be assassin knows things the public does not. He was given information about the dealings this sure to be elected President has been involved in for the last 20 years. Lying to the public, selling harmful drugs to citizens and giving the citizens false hope that the world is going to change. Nothing is ever going to change.

As he was walked through the crowd, he has taken items he needs to get past security: a badge off a high ranking security guard, a bullet proof vest off a sleeping rent-a-cop, an earpiece from a secret service agent who is now gagged and tied up in a janitor's closet. All this in under a minute and by listening through the earpiece he now knows the location of his target and better yet - he is alone in his dressing room, preparing for his speech. The assassin sees the door to the room his target is in and it is surrounded by security guards. The assassin steps into a dark corner and mumbles a few quick words under his breath and steps back out of the corner, but now there are none that can see him. His footsteps are light as he takes his place adjacent to the door, he is standing a few feet from the guards, close enough to smell their breath and none have the slightest clue of what is about to take place - that history is about to happen.

One of the Candidate's Chiefs steps to the door, shows his badge and is let in through the door. It feels like a simple wind, but the assassin makes his move and slips in through the door just as it is about to close - the guards are none the wiser. He makes his way to the back of the room, he could easily take out his target and his chief, but he isn't getting paid to kill both. For now he waits.

"How can I do this?" The man who will be President says with a sigh, not at all looking like the confident man he is on the news. "They'll catch on eventually and I'll be dead. And all of this will be for nothing. Everything horrible thing I did would be for nothing."

The chief moves to stand at his side. "We finally have a chance to clean the streets. In a few weeks you will be the most powerful man in the city. and now you have contacts and know how most of the city's worst criminals operate and where they are.  There is no trace of what we had to do to get here that they can hold over us. When you have control of the police force and the military. These lowlifes will have nowhere to hide from you."

"But I'm a dead man..."

"You knew the risks. Your family knew the risks. That's why we didn't go to the current President with all this information, surely he is corrupt and has his hands in all this as well. This is the only way, we had to have one of our people at the top to be in control. We'll do everything to protect you sir, but you know I can't make any promises. If we do this, if we're successful, the city will finally change. Maybe not your children, but your grandchildren will finally live in a better world. Everyday thousands of people die meaningless existences, but nobody will ever forget your name." At that moment, the chief's phone rings and he answers it. "What!? When!?" He bolts towards the door. "We had a breech in security, we've come too far for everything to fall apart now. I'll be back in a minute." He rushes out the door and tells the security outside the door to double. Not knowing that he just locked the killer in with the target.

There is a moment of silence as the man who will be President sits quietly, looking at himself in the mirror. The assassin sees his chance and begins to walk forward. He draws the small blade from his ankle and stands behind his target. The spell he cast now faded, the target looks at the mirror and sees his assassin standing behind him. He doesn't flinch or show an ounce of fear.

"Honestly, I thought they'd kill me months ago," he laughs a little.

"I want names," the assassin speaks the target looks confused. "The list of names of people who may come after you. Now. We don't have much time."

Now nervous and afraid the target scrambles to think and writes down the names of people he owes favors to and who may come after him when they discover his true agenda. His agenda of using the power he'll soon command to strike back at the worst criminals in the city - who bankrolled his campaign.

"Were you sent here to kill me?"

"I was, but we want the same thing.  Don't make me regret this."

He takes the list and vanishes once more. He can now never return home or show his face in public. He was paid a lot of money to kill this man and now he will become the target, but he has a job to do before he dies.

Some people alter the world on the evening news. Others do so in the shadows.

Class Information

The Rogue operate in a number of ways. They can work from the shadows and never be seen or they can be right out front, killing like the best of them. They are efficient in everything they do and they rarely make mistakes. However, their weapons are usually they same. They use daggers as they are easily hidden and can be just as deadly as the largest sword. Their backup weapon is usually machine pistols, a need to dispense death in a quick fashion. For good or evil, the Rogues are the ones you have to watch out for. You never know what they're going to do.

Attribute Restriction:
Power: 20
Fate: 20 Fate

At Character Creation, a player selecting this class must put at least 20 in both Power and Control Attributes.

Class Bonus & Penalties:

+ The Rogue will receive a +1 to rolls involving Daggers & Machine Pistols.
+ The Rogue will receive a +1 to rolls involving Arcane Manipulation Spells.
+ The Rogue will an automatic +1 in Subterfuge Knowhow Pool.

- The Stalker will receive a -1 to rolls involving any weapon larger than a Dagger or Pistol..

Gear Focus:
These are the weapons/armors that Rogue will receive a +1 to Rolls with and can use Legendary Items of the following.
They will receive a -1 to Rolls using any Legendary Weapon/Spell type not on list below.
They will be able to use the DMG and AP of Weapons/Armor/Spells.
They will not receive any bonuses for Legendary Items not on the list.

Weapon/Spell Restriction:  

Primary Melee: Daggers, +1 to Rolls, Legendary Gear Allowed
Primary Ranged: Machine Pistols, +1 to Rolls, Legendary Gear Allowed

Legendary Armor Restriction:

Over Armor: Cloaks, Hoods, Capes.
Under Armor: Bodysuits, Street Clothes
Feet: Sneakers, Lightweight Shoes, No Boots.

The Rogue Skill Strand: STEALTH - SKILL - STYLE

Level Skills: Pick a Path that best suits you. This does not affect what other skills you may choose down the road.

Level Three Skills

:STEALTH:

The Rogue are ones who attack from the shadows. They are confused at others tactics of running blindly into the battle when one can easily attack without being seen. Then again, it's easier for the Rogue to get in for the kill if the enemy is busy attacking the idiots.
Stealth: Subtle Strike - Before INIT is even rolled. The Rogue can use all 4 Actions before a battle begins. If they attack before a GM mentions rolling INIT. They get 5 actions.

:SKILL:

The Kill - it's all that matters. And you'll have to know how to deal with anyone that gets in your way. It's true that a Stalker does most of his work in the shadows, but that doesn't mean they aren't skilled fighters and know how to avoid a fight that's coming.
Skill:Detect - Twice Per Quest, The Rogue can roll a Level+Fate+Subterfuge Roll and the GM will have to tell them if anyone in the area is planning to attack them.

:STYLE:

Sometimes there is more to combat than just killing your target. Having the coolest assassination is often the challenge of being a Stalker. They are always trying to one up one another with the coolest kills.
Style: Smooth Move - If a Stalker believes they are about to kill an enemy. They can use 3 Actions to risk it on 1 attack. If it works and the enemy was about to die and does die by the Stalker's hands, then the other enemies are so shocked, that they lose their round of attacks.

Level Six Skills

::STEALTH::

Stealth::Wrong Number - Standard procedure, when a battle is about to begin, the GM gives every player a number, usually based on alphabetical order or who signed up for quest first, simple enough. And when the enemies attack, the GM rolls a #(number of enemies) d#(number of players). So the dice are rolled and the numbers come out 2 6 2. So whomever was given number 2 is attacked twice and whoever was given number 6 is attacked once. However, number six, lets call him Frank is a Rogue and number 2 is Bob, a stupid Road Warrior. Frank uses this skill and fudges the numbers. Giving his number 6 to Bob as well. Meaning Bob is attacked 3 times and all the while wondering how the hell that happened.
- Once Per Quest. - When attacked, a Rogue is able to direct the attack to another player in his party. The player has to roll a Level+Fate+Perception check to remove it.

::SKILL::

Skill::Fair Fight -The Rogue isn't used to fighting multiple enemies at once, but that doesn't mean they can't. The Rogue steps in the crowd of enemies and when he steps back out, all of them are now moving slower, giving the Rogue a fighting chance. Once Per Quest, a Rogue is able to do his normal attacks, but after they roll a Level+Power+Fate, after they attack an enemy, that enemy is wounded and they can only attack twice per round.
- Once Per Quest. - Enemies wounded by the Rogue will only be allowed to attack twice the following rounds until they are healed.

::STYLE::

Style::Your Mark - The Rogue must remove himself from combat for at least 2 rounds. While the rest of his party is fighting. The Rogue is sneaking around behind the enemy. They must perform 2 Roll Checks. They can roll 2 times each attempt, but they must be successful at least once. During the 3th round. The Rogue makes his move and reaches his target (hopefully the ending boss) and leaves his mark in the history books of The Assassins.
- Once Per Quest - After taking two rounds to attempt to sneak up on the enemy. They are able to unleash a critical attack on a single target. Each attack for the next round will have a Levelx10 added to each attack. Meaning if you're level 8. Each attack will have a +80 DMG if it lands.

Level Twelve Skills

:::STEALTH:::

Stealth:::Relentless - Before a fight begins, the Rogue walks forward and quickly stabs an enemy multiple times. In fact, as many times as possible. They must first roll a Level+Power+Fate to sneak up on enemy. If successful, they roll their normal attack. If they get 2 or more successful rolls, they can go again. And again. And Again. Until the poor bastard dies.
- Once Per Quest.

:::SKILL:::

Skill:::Weaponology - The Stalker can use any weapon. Regardless of Penalties or Class Restriction. They don't get class specific skills or bonuses though.
- Passive

:::STYLE:::

Style:::The Big Fat Kill - Attempt to win a battle.. before it even begins. The first roll is to find a weakpoint on your enemy. The second roll is for the throw. The third roll is to see if it makes its mark. This must be done with your strongest dagger or knife. If you fail.. you have to fight without your primary weapon.. and you look like an idiot for throwing your knife into the pool of lava. This attack mortally wounds the enemy. Meaning, the Rogue can finish the fight before it begins. Or deal a lot of damage at GM Discretion. Obviously you can't do this to The Dark Lord of Demortus.
- Once Per Quest

Achievements
- The First to earn the achievement will earn x2 EXP.
- The first 3 Achievements pertain to one of your Level 3, 6, and 12 Level Skills. You can only earn one of each.
- The rest of the Achievements are available for all Road Warriors to attempt.

Rank One: 100 EXP Reward
Kill First, Ask Questions Later:
Use 'Subtle Strike' to kill at least two enemies before the GM even asks to 'ROLL INIT'.
Completed By:

HP Full:
With 'Detect' and other skills to not be attacked once in an entire Quest.
Completed By:

Game Over:
Earn 'Smooth Move' to kill the last boss in a Quest.
Completed By:

Rank Two: 200 EXP Reward

It Wasn't Me:
Use 'Wrong Number' to get a rival gang member killed during a Quest.
Completed By:

That Was Me:
Use 'Fair Fight' to wound 5 enemies and have party kill them within that round.
Completed By:

All Me:
Use 'Your Mark' to kill the final boss and then be voted MVP of the Quest.
Completed By:

Rank Three: 300 EXP Reward

Dude, Calm Down:
Use 'Relentless' to attack one person at least three rounds in a row until they die.
Completed By:

I'll Kill You With My Tea Cup:
Use 'Weaponology' to pick up a weapon during the start of a quest and use it all the way through.
Completed By:

Big Fat Kill: Use 'The Big Fat Kill' to kill the final boss in a quest while he is giving his "speech". And then be voted MVP.
Completed By:

Rank Four: 400 EXP Reward

Unforgiven:
Acquire at least 5 Epic/Legendary Items.. having killed the person that originally found them during the Quest.
Completed By:

Out Of The Shadows:
Be exposed for what you are. And have the citizens of InterCity back you up on your journeys.
Completed By:

Calling Card:
Kill a Powerful Figure in the game with an Epic Weapon and leave it behind as a warning.
Completed By:

Rank Five: 500 EXP Reward
The Road Ahead:
Reach Level 8 and then get 'The Call'.
Completed By:

New Challenges to be added..
Back to top Go down

The Rogue_
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A :: :: The System :: The Classes-
Jump to: