:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to InterCity:SAGA

A Post-Apocalyptic Sci-fi/Fantasy RPG

::INTERCITY:SAGA:: - The Discord - Update: 9-11-2022

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Shadowrunner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GMortimer
GM
GM
GMortimer

Census Status : 430

Citizen Records
Level: 100
Faction:: $?
Achievemeter::
The Shadowrunner Left_bar_bleue0/0The Shadowrunner Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Shadowrunner Empty
PostSubject: The Shadowrunner   The Shadowrunner I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 5:49 pm

The Shadowrunner

The Shadowrunner Shadow10

The police sirens are blaring, the red and blue lights from their cruisers come through your window and light up your bedroom. You race to the window to watch a police chase, a normal occurrence on the streets of InterCity. Except you see that they are not chasing after a car and their search lights are aimed towards the rooftops. That's when you see what they're chasing. There is a woman and she is running up a fire escape and around her back is a duffel back with a hole in it and out of that hole, hundred dollar bills are falling. She makes it to the roof only to come face to face with a law enforcement officer. There is no hesitance in her flawless movements as she does a cartwheel, evading a shot from the officer's pistol, her foot connects with his wrist and sends the gun flying off the roof and onto a cop car on the streets below, the game is up, they know where she is and there is nowhere she can run. She quickly dispatches the officer with a brutal punch to the nose and in an instant - she's off again. Above her head, a spotlight from a helicopter catches her and at this moment the only purpose the light serves is to easily allow all witnesses a better view of what they're about to see.  

She reaches the edge of a building only to easily leap to the next, easy for her, but the cops that ran up the fire escape to give chase meet their end there and run back down to their cars. With the chopper following her, she knows she won't be able to hide as she originally planned. She is making her way across the roofs of skyscrapers, with only one small misstep standing between her and a twenty story fall to her death. She uses all to her strength to her advantage to bound across her new obstacle course: she uses window ledges to climb the sides of buildings she can't leap to, she snaps any wires she can find from the thick phone and internet wires that extend throughout the city, house to house, across and between buildings.. up where the rats can't chew through them. There doesn't seem to be anything that can slow her down. What's an obstacle for some is a tool for her to farther the chase. Ahead of her the helicopter reappears, sitting thirty stories in the air, between her and a glass skyscraper that towers above all other buildings in the city, if she could only reach that building, she could hide. The distance is too great for anyone to jump, a four lane highway rests between her and her escape. The chase is over it seems, but as the cops move in for the arrest, she's off again. Running full speed towards the helicopter, toward the blinding light of the spotlight that is still shining on her. At the last moment, her feet leave the safety of the building's ledge and now there is nothing to save her from the fall. That is, until her hands grip the cold metal bar that is the landing skid of the helicopter. In one fluid movement, she swings back, rocking the helicopter at such an angle that she easily leaps to the opposite skid; only to swing again and propel herself farther through the air.. falling, but making her way closer to her target, a window, a hundred feet across and eight stories ago, when she decided to jump. The window shatters and she rolls across an office floor. The pilot of the helicopter and her look into one another's eyes for a moment. She offers him a smile and he returns it - he'll get his cut later. The detectives and officers are none the wiser...

Class Information

Word travels fast in InterCity.. but only as fast as the Shadowrunners can carry it.  The Shadowrunners fall somewhere between a hardcore parkour enthusiasts and the sellers of secrets. They seem to know something about everyone and they know how to turn that information into money. The only problem is, someone always seems to be after them. Many of them don't believe in weapons. Only what they can carry, it's something of a motto of theirs. They make up for their lack of formal combat skills with a handful of useful tools and knowledge at their disposal. They know how to get into any exclusive club, they know why everyone from the lowly criminal to the mayor, they always know a guy who knows a guy who knows what you're looking for and they almost always know what to do when you get to wherever you're going.

Attribute Restriction:
Knowhow: 20
Athletics: 20

At Character Creation, a player selecting this class must put at least 20 in both Knowhow & Athletics Attributes.

Class Bonus & Penalties:
+ The Shadowrunner will receive a +1 to rolls involving Athletics.
+ The Shadowrunner will receive a +1 to Hand2Hand Combat Rolls.
+ The Shadowrunner will receive 2 attempts at Athletic Related Rolls. (This doesn't always include GM Threats.)

- The Shadowrunner will receive a -1 to rolls involving Melee Weapons/Ranged/Arcane Attacks.  

+ The Shadowrunner can have one Legendary Weapon of any Class.

When attacking Hand2Hand, a Shadowrunner the style of fighting is based on Power or Control.  Power relates more to boxing while Control is more of the martial arts.  Shadowrunners benefit from only have to stack one attribute for both attacking/dodging/threat/noncombat rolls.  While a Fighter would have to stack attribute points in Power for Attack/Defend and then another for Athletics to aid in their noncombat/threat rolls.

Power = Boxing, Wrestling.
Control = Kung Fu, Karate, Martial Arts.

Gear Focus:
These are the weapons/armors that Shadowrunners will receive a +1 to Rolls with and can use Legendary Items of the following.
They will receive a -1 to Rolls using any Legendary Weapon/Spell type not on list below.
They will be able to use the DMG and AP of Weapons/Armor/Spells.
They will not receive any bonuses for Legendary Items not on the list.

Primary Melee: Gloves/Claws/Gauntlets/Nunchaku +1 to Rolls, Legendary Gear Allowed
Primary Range: None
Special: None

Legendary Armor Restriction: 

Feet: Shoes, Boots.. anything feet related.
Body Under: Body Suits, Street Clothes, 
Extra: One Extra of any Legendary Armor

The Shadowrunner Skill Strand: Guard - Fight - Flee

Level Skills:  Pick a Path that best suits you. This does not affect what other skills you may choose down the road.

Level Three Skills

:Guard:

Personal Defense - your safety above others

You know things that others don't. They are expendable, you are not. You have acquired skills that allow you to defend yourself when others seem to fall beside you.

Guard: Dodge This! - When attacked by a single enemy in a quest, you can roll to dodge.

Once Per Quest - This does not need to be rolled for.

:Fight:

Martial Artist - you know kung fu

When a mouse is backed into a corner. Well it's probably going to die. But you are not a mouse, unless you did go through with that surgery... Anyway, the point is. The mouse will fight back against great odds. The mouse has claws though. You probably don't.. again, unless you got that surgery.

Fight: Brawler - Force an enemy to fight you one on one, you can roll to dodge their attacks and teammates can still attack the enemy as well.

:Flee:

Escape Artist - you say coward, I say survivor

You can smell it in the air, something bad is about to happen. You quickly take note of the an escape route, so when it does you'll be - HOLYSHIT! The roof is collapsing!  

Flee: Escape Artist - The Shadowrunner gets two roll attempts to avoid a GM's Threat.

_//Once Per Quest

Level Six Skills

::Guard::

Guard:Inside Information - Someone always knows more than you. Unless you're a Shadowrunner. Once Per Quest, usually at the start of the quest, the GM (OOC or IC) tells the Shadowrunner something that nobody else in the party will know. The only catch is, the Shadowrunner can't tell anybody, aside from the subtle hint now and then. The reason for this is, if you spread secrets, nobody is going to trust you with theirs.  You may have to ask the GM for this inside info.
]

Once Per Quest - Ask the GM for inside info.

::Fight::

Fight:Friendly Fire = Off - The Shadowrunners are the ones you have to keep an eye on. Not because of their fighting abilities, but because you're never sure what they're going to do. For example, when they run right directly at you when you're ready to attack, you swing or shoot only to see them sidestep and your buddy walk directly into your line of fire. The Shadowrunners have developed a tactic using their grace and maneuverability to trick enemies into attacking one another. And Twice Per Quest, they have the chance to trick all of the enemies into attacking one of their own. The Shadowrunner can also use this skill to get all the enemies to target a member of their own party. Gasp.

Twice Per Quest - Force an enemy to attack one target of your choosing.
or
Once Per Quest - Force all but one enemy to attack one target of your choosing.

::Flee::

Flee:Sticky Situation - When it seems that there is no way out and that all is lost.. "oh wait, there's an exit." It could be as simple as finding that exit or knowing what button to press or what door not to enter. When you are in a bind, there is no greater person to turn to than your friendly neighborhood Shadowrunner. Once Per Quest, the Shadowrunner can get them and their party members out of a bind. Or everyone but the person they hate and when all the Shadowrunner's friends are safe they can hear their hated party members slowly die in a pool of lava..erm.. what? This is a lot easier than having to scroll up and find some subtle hint a GM said earlier about how to get out or into a place.  A GM could also set up a insane riddle involving a troll who won't let you pass his bridge, but a Shadowrunner can just use this skill to find or create a new way across the bridge.

Once Per Quest - Find a way out of any situation.

Level Twelve Skills

::Guard::

Guard::Luck of the Draw - At the start of every quest. The Shadowrunner makes a call to some very important people who have invested interest in the survivor of the Runner. They will provide aid in some way during the quest. Whether or not the Shadowrunner wants players to know the result of their roll.. is up to the Runner. This can be rolled in an empty room so players don't know what is going on. At the start of a quest, a Runner rolls a d6 and whatever comes up.. is the bonus they will receive.
1. - Watchful Eye - A GM Controlled Sniper will help protect the Shadowrunner at random points in the quest.
2. - Stranger Danger - In a bind? A shadowy figure will appear from nowhere and aid in non-combat situations.
3. - H.H.G. - It's like a grenade... if a grenade was a mini-nuke.
4. - Repair Man - At any point in the quest, a repair man will show up and repair the armor for the party.
5. - Raid - An elite tactical unit will be called into clear an area, getting rid of those pesky bad guys.
6. - GM's Choice - The GM must come up with something related specifically to the quest.

Once Per Quest - Roll for outside help.

::Fight::

Fight::Combo Breaker - The Shadowrunner runs forward through a hail of gunfire towards the leader of the enemy unit. He leaps into the air and brings his elbow down on the skull of their leader, punches him in the face, kicks him in the knee, pokes him in the eye, gives him a wet willy and then uppercuts him and whilst in the air he gives him a trip to Bangkok.. Once Per Quest, for an entire battle, every string of successful rolls will result in bonus to DMG that round.  The combo only counts towards that round.
2 Attacks in a Row = +25 DMG
3 Attacks in a Row = +50 DMG
4 Attacks in a Row = +75 DMG
5 Attacks in a Row = +100 DMG  ..yes people will eventually have 5 attacks per round.
6 Attacks in a Row = +150 DMG

::Flee::

Flee::Amazing FeatsAt the start of a Quest, The Shadowrunner picks one of these.. and are stuck with that choice. Even if the situation doesn't present itself.

The First Feat - If a Shadowrunner's armor is destroyed and the battle doesn't look to be going his way.  He is able to make the best out of a bad situation. If the party is in danger of failing the quest, the Shadowrunner can quickly attempt to achieve the objective and finish the quest so the party will still get full at least half EXP. The GM will break down the rest of the quest into 3 objectives and the Shadowrunner must finish them by themselves. Rolling a Level+Fate+GM's choice, based on whatever the objectives are. Fight a Boss, Disarm Nuke, Deliver Baby, Escape Mine Collapse, Disarm Baby, Capture Jack-a-Lope... Any 3 of those will do.  

The Second Feat - It's also called, a Ninja Loot. When an Epic or Legendary Item appears, usually the players will fight over it.. Even if it was a gift to a player, wars will be fought because of these items. And while they're fighting, you walk over and steal it. The Shadowrunner must roll a Level+Fate+Thief Knowhow to steal the item.. and if a person has it, they can roll to catch you.

The Third Feat - Assign your attack number to another player. They will continue to take your attacks until they notice.. or until they die.  

The Fourth Feat - The Shadowrunner will not fall for any traps. Because when it happens the GM will pm the Shadowrunner with 'It's a Trap!" whether or not the Shadowrunner tells is up to them.

- One Feat will be added with each new Major Storyline completed.

Achievements

- The First to earn the achievement will earn x2 EXP.

- The First to earn the achievement will earn x2 EXP.
- The first 3 Achievements pertain to one of your Level 3, 6, and 12 Level Skills. You can only earn one of each.
- The rest of the Achievements are available for all Shadowrunners to attempt.

Rank One: 100 EXP Reward

UNTOUCHABLE: 
Use 'Dodge This' to avoid at least 3 direct attacks by an End Boss.

Completed By:

One Arm Behind My Back: 
With 'Brawler', not use any H2H Weapons and just use Non-Weapon DMG for entire Quest.

Completed By:

Why Can't I Kill You?!:
Use 'Plan B', and successfully not get killed or hurt by a GM entire Quest.

Completed By:

Rank Two: 200 EXP Reward

I Had No Idea: 
Use 'Inside Information', and withhold information that gets another party member killed.

Completed By:

Team Killer: 
Use 'Friendy Fire = Off', to get all the enemies to attack a fellow party member and kill them.

Completed By:

We'll Go This Way, You Go That Way: 
Use 'Sticky Situation', and get at least two fellow party members killed. Or save them. I guess.

Completed By:

Rank Three: 300 EXP Reward

GM's Discretion:
Use 'Luck of the Draw', roll a 6 and acquire an Epic Item during the Quest thanks to GM's Help.

Completed By:

Boss Hog: 
Use 'Combo-Breaker', get five attacks in a row and a +150 DMG Bonus to kill an End Boss.
Completed By:

He Did What? 
Use 'Amazing Feats', and save a Quest that was about to fail. And be voted MVP.

Completed By:

Rank Four: 400 EXP Reward

/me saves: 
Save a party member during an event when more than one other person eats it. And then they give you an Epic Mod/Enchant they found.

Completed By:

/me envy: Acquire an Epic/Legendary Item from a major NPC Villain.. and keep it as a trophy.

Completed By:

/me ninja: 
Secure an Epic item that you don't need.. and then destroy it!

Completed By:

Rank Five: 500 EXP Reward

/me envy: 
Acquire an Epic/Legendary Item from a major NPC Villain.. and keep it as a trophy.
Completed By:

/me ninja: 
Secure an Epic item that you don't need.. and then destroy it!
Completed By:

/me Shadowrunner: 
Reach Level 8 and do something the city will remember forever. They may even name a new district after you.
Completed By:

New Challenges to be added.. when a player becomes the first to achieve the 7 Possible Achievements.
Back to top Go down

The Shadowrunner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A :: :: The System :: The Classes-
Jump to: