:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to InterCity:SAGA

A Post-Apocalyptic Sci-fi/Fantasy RPG

::INTERCITY:SAGA:: - The Discord - Update: 9-11-2022

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Orcish

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GMortimer
GM
GM
GMortimer

Census Status : 430

Citizen Records
Level: 100
Faction:: $?
Achievemeter::
The Orcish Left_bar_bleue0/0The Orcish Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Orcish Empty
PostSubject: The Orcish   The Orcish I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 3:40 pm

THE ORCS

Race Background

Civilization: The Evargeist Tribes
Leader: Sarge da Orc  
Origin: Jenjara
Population: .1 billion

The Orc see the world in a way no other race does - but not because they are mostly colorblind. The Orc are assumed to be a distant relative of the Elves, much like the Drow and the Wood Elf; some unknown element or factor came into their evolution and created a new species - vastly different than their suspected cousins. The Orcs cannot see color, they are as colorblind as a dog is. However, they can see something few other creatures in the world can. By whatever means the magic has entered the world with, it leaves traces and hot spots around the world and the Orcs are able to see these traces - and more so, they are immune to prolonged exposure to this strange form of radiation known as Mana. For this reason, it is thought that the Orc were once Elves who were too long exposed to Magic in its purest form - Mana. 

The Orcs see Mana as a gift from their gods, they rarely use it and protect and gather the pools of energy to save from the outside world. Nobody has seen where they store the Mana and nobody knows what they plan to do with it. There beliefs of what Mana is and their refusal to abuse the Arcane Arts is the reason for The Endless War with the Elves. The Elves see using the Arcane Magics as a simple tool in their quest to gain knowledge and control the world. Whereas, the Orcs want nothing more for the Mana to be saved because they believe when the Mana is spent.. the world will end.

Little is known of the history of the Orcs or The Evargeist as they were once called.. They are a race that likes to keep to themselves and therefore they don't share much of their history with the outside world. From what the odd witness has seen of their camps, they live peaceful, some would say tranquil lives. Those who have seen their homelands make comparisons to the Samurai and The Native American Tribes. They are few in number and being allowed into their village is a great honor as they don't like outsiders.  However, they are quick to anger and will become monstrous in defense of their own and their way of life.  

When an Orc comes of age, they are sent out into the world to gather Mana. That is their charge. If you happen across an Orc who is out in the world - the safest bet is that he is gathering Mana to bring back to his homeland to save. This doesn't mean that there aren't Evargeist outcasts who have left their tribe or been abandoned. The Orc are more often than not - quiet, they like to keep to themselves and although their appearance may scare some and give cause for people to fear them and tell unfounded stories of their monstrous behavior - there have been no actual accounts of an Evargeist attacking unprovoked. 

When the worlds first fused together, the genetic structure of the Orc began to change and again after the second fusion. Which leads many to believe that their theories of Mana and the world ending may be true - as they are more in touch with the planet than anyone could have imagined. Back in Jenjara and in the first years on Earth; the Orcs had green skin. But as the years went on, that began to change. And when the second fusion took place more than 50 years ago - they changed again. The green orcs still exist, but now there are reds and blues and each sees their color as what their purpose in life will be. There are the Blood Orcs, who have taken on the warrior role of their tribes. And the Soul Orcs, who have taken on the skin pigment most associated with Mana - a dark blue. These Soul Orcs are the few that are allowed to use Magic within the Tribes. However, there are outcasts who wander the world and do as they please. And then the most dramatic change of the Orc's being - are what is known as Manastock. When they are exposed to Mana or Magic, their backs will begin to harden and crystalize. And then quite rapidly (almost in seconds), grow crystals out of their backs. It is a new way for them to absorb Mana and store it. It's almost as if the Planet itself is helping them evolve to better protect this world.

There are also seemingly two different genetic stocks of Orcs.  The Lesser Orc and Greater Orc as they have come to be known.  The Lesser Orcs are from a less evolved stock and are more prone to mindless tasks as they have come to be known for by the masses.  While the Greater Orcs are forging a new path of enlightenment, one that is more in touch with the planet than their Elvish cousins who have become bastardized versions of their former selves. 

The Orcish Evarge10The Orcish Evarge11

Race Information

Base HP: 175
Base MP: 25

Race Restrictions

• Orcs cannot be Necromancers.
  • Orcs get a bonus +1 to Power (Non-Combat) Rolls.
  • Orcs are immortal and Immune to extreme weather conditions.
  • Orcs receive a -2 to Knowhow:Attraction.
  • Orcs receive a +2 to Knowhow:Tracker. 

Race Traits

Level 1
Orc:Conduit - The Orc are a civilization built around warfare, however there is more to them than meets the eye. They see the world around them for what it truly is. They can not only sense magic, but can sense it in its purest form, Mana. They are able to draw the Mana from its source and pool it into their own being, not for themselves, but for storage. It appears in the form of crystals that grow out of their backs. It is not known how or why this happens. The Orc will then bring those crystals home and store them for some unknown purpose. But whilst out on a journey, the Orc can easily transfer that Mana into a party member.. giving them Mana Points. They simply break the crystal off and hand it to a party member who breaks it and pours the Mana onto their skin. The crystal's MP is equal to the Orc's Levelx10 MP. Every two levels they are able to grow another crystal.

However, Orcs can be selfish creatures. They see Mana as the life force of the Earth and are storing it for themselves for some secret purpose. The Orcs of Sanctum each have their own secret stash somewhere in the city and once every few months, they'll travel across the deserts to deliver the Mana they've collected to their home village. If the Orc doesn't give a single party member a crystal. They will receive a 25EXP/25$$$ Bonus at the end of every Quest. Be sure to remind the GM. And if an Orc actively seeks out a pool of Mana and draws the energy from it. They will receive a 50EXP/50$$$ Bonus.

- An Orc., can draw Mana from a source and store it as a crystal. For their own use, or to give to a party member. To draw the Mana. Simply roll a Level+Arcane+Fate and if successful, you will have grown a Mana Crystal on your back.

- Every 2 Levels, they can grow another crystal, which if given to a party member will be Orc's Levelx10 MP. So at Level 4, they will get 2 crystals - each with 40 MP within them. At level 6, they will have three crystals with 60 MP in them.

Level 1 Secondary Trait
Orc:Soak I - From an early childhood, Orc children are infused with small amounts of Mana which causes their bodies to react according to that element, which is usually some form of Earth Spell. This forces their skins to become thicker, stronger and in some cases, take on the form of rocks or steel. It is for that reason, if an Orc is attacked more than two times in a round, that Magic inside their skin begins to take effect, causing a rock layer to grow from their flesh to protect them, the magic can also seep into the Orc's armor and cause the same effect, which is allows them to take half damage for an entire round.
- Twice Per Quest - Take Half Damage For a round.

Level 4
Orc:Soak II - From an early childhood, Orc children are infused with small amounts of Mana which causes their bodies to react according to that element, which is usually some form of Earth Spell. This forces their skins to become thicker, stronger and in some cases, take on the form of rocks or steel. It is for that reason, if an Orc is attacked more than two times in a round, that Magic inside their skin begins to take effect, causing a rock layer to grow from their flesh to protect them, the magic can also seep into the Orc's armor and cause the same effect, which is being immune to pretty much all damage for an entire round.
- Twice Per Quest - Completely avoid any danger that might come your way.

Achievements

Remember: Being the first to earn an achievement will earn you x2 EXP.

I Protect U: Pick a party member to protect and see them unharmed through the Quest.
50 EXP - Completed By:

Glow Worm: Find a Sacred Mana Pool and roll a Nat 20 absorbing its Mana and be immune to magical attacks for the next battle.
100 EXP - Completed By:

The War Begins Again: Prevent an Elf Magic User for acquiring an Epic Scroll.
150 EXP - Completed By:

Tribal Conflict: Kill a rival Orc, PC or NPC - find and steal their stash of crystals. Not done in Quest. Must be GM monitored though.
200 EXP - Completed By:

Warrior Spirit: Reach Level 8 and use skill once.
250 EXP - Completed By:

The Fued: Finish the 'Blood and Soul Trials'.
300 EXP - Completed By:
Back to top Go down

The Orcish
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A :: :: The System :: The Races-
Jump to: