:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to InterCity:SAGA

A Post-Apocalyptic Sci-fi/Fantasy RPG

::INTERCITY:SAGA:: - The Discord - Update: 9-11-2022

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Humans

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GMortimer
GM
GM
GMortimer

Census Status : 430

Citizen Records
Level: 100
Faction:: $?
Achievemeter::
The Humans Left_bar_bleue0/0The Humans Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Humans Empty
PostSubject: The Humans   The Humans I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 2:58 pm

THE HUMANS

Race Background

Civilization: Humanity
Leaders: Current President of InterCity
Origin: Earth
Population: 2.4 Billion

They are small creatures. Influenced heavily by the world around them. Their ability to adapt to any surrounding may be the reason they exist at all. From humble beginnings, wandering tribes of hunters and gatherers. There is grand tale of origin involving Gods and magic to account for their existence. Although, some make the claim otherwise. In truth, they have nothing to thank for their being other than millions of years of hardship and strife. The world created a creature capable of living in the harshest environments. If an extraterrestrial species had been watching the evolution of the human to what we know today.

In the first hundred years of the city, the laws and regulations that disallowed magic to be used in factories allowed the craft and skills of the human (and even dwarven) race to flourish and it was a prosperous time to be a human.  However, as humans desire for power and wealth became greater, those regulations were lifted and production could increase 10 fold with one mage doing the work of ten workers.  Now all the humans that had moved into the city for safety and a job were thrown out on the street.  The crime rate surged and the city began its decline.  

Since the fusion of the two worlds. The human species has had an awakening of sorts. The planet is going to give them a second chance to prove they belong. The human species acts out of fear in an effort to survive. Many of the great tools, weapons or technology that defines them was born out of fear. The fear that your enemy has a better arsenal, or that they have that one special weapon that can shift the tide of war. Now at the height of their technology and possibly the tipping point for their civilization. Their greatest strength won't be the technology they can create, but to go back to how they evolved. To be tested. To face the challenges the world throws at them. When you've been at the top of the food chain for a few hundred thousand years, what's the point of evolving? Now, as a species, they are no longer sitting at the head of the table. They'll have to beg for scraps. They'll have to forget everything they know about what it means to be human. To forget all the tools and technology that made their lives easier and focus on the trait that they often overlook in themselves - their willingness to survive.

The Humans Human10The Humans Humanf10

Race Information

Base HP: 150
Base MP: 50

Race Restrictions

• Humans can't have more than 51 in any attribute other than Knowhow, without the aid of a tech or magic implant.

Race Traits

Level 1
Human:Survival - Humanity has endured and evolved into one durable species. And it seems that a part of their history is burned into their DNA. It allows a human to stand where other races may fall or push through when others runaway. One Per Quest, a Human is able to ignore something a GM forces the party to roll for. Whether it is seeing if they starve to death, drown, inhale poisonous gases, set off a trap or get crushed by a random falling asteroid... Well, not everything can be avoided. 
- Once Per Quest - Ignore a GM's threat.

Level 4
Human:Instinct - Throughout the history of mankind there have been stories of normal people overcoming great obstacles in an attempt to save themselves. By whatever means the Human can use, they are able to avoid whatever attack may come their way.
- Twice Per Quest - Avoid a round of attacks against you.

Level 8 - Choose One
Human:Encoded - The ability to learn things quickly is one of mankind's greatest traits. Even if it is something they have never encountered before in life. At this level, a human is very susceptible to information. If you choose 'Encoded', you have two choices.
- First Choice, you can either get 20 extra Knowhow points.
- Second Choice, you get 10 extra Knowhow points and the chance to one failed Knowhow roll every Quest.

Human:Arcane Trait - You've broken through the wall of being able to withstand great amounts of Mana. If any normal human were introduced to Mana on a great scale, it would be the same as getting radiation poisoning. Now, there is no limit to how many attribute points you can have in Mana.

Human:Evolution - There was once a physical limit to what the human body can do. It seems that the constant exposure to risk and the need for survival has caused a small group of humans to expand past the normal limits. Now, there is no limit to how many attribute points you can have in Power, Control or Athletic.

Achievements

Remember: Being the first to earn an achievement will earn you x2 EXP.

Hand of God: Ignore a threat from a GM that kills another player.
50 EXP - Completed By:

Adam & Eve: Survive a Quest as the only remaining human... at any cost.
100 EXP - Completed By:

Cain & Abel: Acquire and keep two of the same kind of Epic Items.
150 EXP - Completed By:

Throne of Kings: Start or become leader of a Faction that heavily impacts the game.
200 EXP - Completed By:

The Apple: Reach Level 8 and use your new skill to acquire great power or renown.
250 EXP - Completed By:

GENESIS: Become more human than human.  
300 EXP - Completed By:
Back to top Go down

The Humans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A :: :: The System :: The Races-
Jump to: